Generator mounting bracket

by Ben N on December 17, 2010

Yesterday, most of the work on the project was to physically mount the generator.

I still had plenty of old bed-frame laying around. Not the easiest material to work with, but the price was right! (FREE!)

I measured the generator and the back area of the car, and then cut the bed frame to size. A cut-off disc in an angle grinder worked really well to cut it. (Drilling holes in the frame was MUCH harder!!!)

(I did have to “trim” the frame a tad with the angle-grinder. The generator is sort of an odd shape, as it has several weird angles and rounded corners.)

Once cut, I welded the frame together. Next is a coat of primer, and then a coat of black Rustoleum.

The genny rack is now ready to get bolted into the car.

Leave a Comment

You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Previous post:

Next post: